As we all know that whenever there is a hike of advancement, insecurity and potential threats are too lured to pull the string of development down and that is what is happening nowadays with Smartphones. Mostly each and every smartphone user has experienced some kind of mischief or deceit being done to their device in some way or other.
Whether their files are stolen, device is hacked, images and videos are leaked, etc. there is no end to such series of ordeals.
Mostly these mishaps occur when you hand over or sell out your device to someone else without erasing data off your device.
The article here will demonstrate you properly on how to erase data off your Android phone in case you donâ€™t know how to do it. Read carefully to get a full-length idea on the subject.
Way #1: Erase Android Data with Factory Reset
Factory reset is also commonly termed as soft reset in which your entire device is formatted due to which all the data is completely wiped out off your device. The method is mostly conventional, but works on an emergency basis. Follow the steps of this guideline to pull off the method:
Step 1. Press the Menu button and open the Settings app. You can swipe down the screen and tap the gear icon to open the settings.
Step 2. Locate the Personal section, and tap on the â€œBackup & Resetâ€ option. Enter your PIN or password if need be.
Step 3. Now finally press the Factory Data Reset option.
Step 4. All the voluminous contents of your device will be displayed on the screen, and you can select what you exactly wish to delete from your phone.
Step 5. After your selection is done, tap on Reset Device button to finally accomplish the task of deletion of data from the smartphone.
- The deletion will erase your contact details also, which may create trouble for you in calling your family members and friends.
- The deleted data can be retrieved using certain data recovery tools.
Way #2: Erase Data from Android Phone using Recovery Mode
Recovery mode is one such protocol which enables users to repair tools and installation procedure if they happen to malfunction.
It can also be implemented for deleting data off your device, and this is exactly what we are going to do in this section. Go through the steps mentioned below to accurately pull off the task:
Step 1. Turn off your device and switch it on by pressing the Home + Volume Down + Power button combination from the keypad. Your device will automatically enter the recovery mode.
Step 2. Select the Wipe data/ factory reset option and tap the Home button to choose it.
Your phone will be restarted with no personal data stored in it.
- Along with your personal data, various essential plug-ins will also be deleted from the device.
- The deleted data can be restored by any expert hacker.
Way #3: Completely Wipe Android Data with Safewiper for Android
SafeWiper for Android is a wonderful data erasing tool which can be put to use if you are looking for a fully expected result. Yes if you want to be sure regarding your deletion result, then it would be better to rely solely on SafeWiper alone.
- It works with Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 10 operating systems.
- It is compatible with Mac PCâ€™s and laptops as well.
- 0% data recovery possibility.
- It usually works in operational modes- Erase All Data; Erase App Data; Erase Private Data.
- It supports both UEFI and legacy BIOS based computers.
- It needs no internet connection for it’s working.
Tool Working Procedure:
Step 1. Firstly download your software from the official website and securely install it with all the terms and conditions.
- Step 2. Go to the following location in your Smartphone and enable USB debugging mode so that no bugs can intermittently create trouble while USB connection is made between the device and the computer: Settings> Developers Options > USB Debugging
- Step 3. Connect your Smartphone with the Windows or Mac computer.Step 4. Click on Erase All Data mode from the list of available three options.
- Step 5. Click on Erase now button to delete all the data off your device.
- The deletion process may take some time depending upon the contentâ€™s amount. So you have to be patient all along the way and make sure that your device remains connected to the computer.
In the hope of deleting data once and for all, Safewiper would be the best option to follow. The first two methods are effective indeed, but the deleted data can be recovered. Thus they are not highly recommendable by experts. Whereas Safewiper has got no downsides at all, so you can blindly depend upon it for the task succession.
If you want to know further on the subject, feel free to visit the website to gain more knowledge on the subject.