Here’s how to install and use GoldenDict dictonary software in Linux Mint / Ubuntu:
1. Issue the following command at the terminal –
sudo apt-get install goldendict
2. After the installation is complete, click on ‘Menu>Education>GoldenDict’ to launch the application. (Ubuntu users need to search for ‘GoldenDict’ in Unity Dash).
3. Now click on ‘Edit>Dictonaries’.
4. Now, click on ‘Wikipedia’ and select your ‘Wikipedia’ sources.
5. Now, click on ‘Websites’ and select your online dictionary sources. (It is recommended that you download offline dictionaries from here and add, enable them via ‘Files’ tab).
Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ when done.
6. Now, use the left side pane to search for meaning of the words and view the results from various sources by selecting sources from the right side pane after the search is complete.