Here’s how to install VMware Tools in Linux Mint 13 (using VMware Workstation 8):
1. Click on ‘VM>Install VMware Tools…’
2. VMware Tools ISO will be mounted as a virtual drive inside the Linux Mint virtual machine. Copy the ‘VMwareTools-8.8.0-471268.tar.gz’ to your home directory.
3. Open the terminal and issue the following command –
tar -zxvf VMwareTools-8.8.0-471268.tar.gz
4. After the files have been extracted, issue the following command at the terminal –
5. Now issue the following command at the terminal to begin VMware Tools installation –
6. As shown below, hit enter whenever prompted to accept default values until the script completes the installation –