Here’s how install and use FreeCommander: A Cool Dual Pane, Lightweight File Manager For Windows –
1. Go to freecommander.com/fc_downl_en.htm and click on ‘fc_setup_.zip’ to download the file.
2. Extract the ‘fc_setup.exe’ from the saved ‘fc_setup_.zip’ archive and execute it. Install ‘FreeCommander’ like any standard Windows application.
3. After the installation is complete, double click the ‘FreeCommander’ icon on the desktop to start the application.
4. Enjoy easy file management with FreeCommander. This file manager is especially useful while transferring files between different folders/drives.
Other benefits of this file manager are –
- Dual-panel technology – horizontal and vertical
- Tabbed interface
- Optional tree view for each panel
- Built in file viewer to view files in hex, binary, text or image format
- File viewer inside archives too
- Built in archive handling: ZIP (read, write), CAB (read, write), RAR (read)
- Nested archive handling
- Built in FTP client
- Easy access to system folders, control panel, desktop and start menu
- Copy, move, delete, rename files and folders
- Multi rename tool
- Wipe files
- Create and verify MD5 checksums
- File splitting
- File properties and context menu
- Calculation of folder size
- Folder comparison / synchronization
- Modification of file date and attributes
- Folder / program favorites
- File searching (inside archive too)
- File filters for display
- User defined columns for detailed view
- DOS command line
- Multiple language support