Sometimes it becomes necessary to manually open a port so that a program can work properly when Windows Firewall is active.
Note : Only open ports manually when really needed since most programs are recognized and adjusted for settings automatically by Windows Firewall.
To do this :
1. Open Control Panel > Windows Firewall.
2. Select Advanced settings.
3. In the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security pane, select Inbound rules from the section “View and create firewall rules”.
4. Then select New Rule.
5. This will bring up a wizard, since we want to open specific ports, select Port.
6. Enter the port type and port range or a single port number as required.
7. Select Allow the connection.
8. Choose either Domain, Private or Public as needed.
9. Finally, name the new rule and hit Finish.
Basically, this wizard has configured the port specific rules alongwith additional security settings, like a profile for specific port that we wanted to open.