Here’s how to monitor your real network speed in Windows:
1. Go to myportablesoftware.com/mynetworkspeed.aspx and click ‘Download’ to save the ‘my_network_speed.zip’ file on your PC.
2. Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file and run ‘My_Network_Speed.exe’.
3. You may get a message about multiple network interfaces the first time you run the program. Click ‘OK’ anyway.
4. A small widget will appear on your screen and will display your real network speed.
5. In case correct network adapter is not selected or if you want to monitor other adapter on your system, right click the widget and select ‘Network adapter to monitor><Your desired network adapter>’.