Here’s how to install and use Ubuntu Skin Pack for Windows XP SP3:
1. Go to http://hameddanger.deviantart.com/gallery/31694287#/d46yqeo and click ‘Download File’ and save the ‘ubuntu_skin_pack_4_0_for_xp_by_hameddanger-d46yqeo.zip’ file on your PC.
2. Extract the contents of the downloaded *.zip file and run the ‘Ubuntu Skin Pack 4.0.exe’ file.
3. Click ‘Next’.
4. Check ‘I accept the terms of the License Agreement’ and click ‘Next’.
5. Select ‘Quick Installation’ and click ‘Next’.
6. Click ‘Install’ to start installation.
7. Click ‘Next’ after the installation is complete.
8. Select ‘Reboot now’ and click ‘Finish’.
9. After the reboot is complete, click on your desktop and select ‘Arrange Icons By>’ and ensure that ‘Show Desktop Icons’ is unchecked.
10. Now, right click the taskbar and unckeck ‘Lock the Taskbar’ option, then drag the taskbar to the top of the screen and recheck ‘Lock the Taskbar’ option.
11. Apply the Ubuntu wallpaper to desktop as shown below -
12. That’s it! Enjoy the Ubuntu skin pack for Windows XP SP3. Here are a few screenshots of the aftermath -
Note that the skin pack is for Windows XP SP3 only. Also, make sure you disable any anti-virus software before running the Ubuntu Skin Pack 4.0 setup.