Here’s how to use Dropbox with Nautilus in Linux Mint / Ubuntu:
1. If not already, head over to dropbox.com and create a free account. Now, issue the following command at the terminal –
sudo apt-get install nautilus-dropbox
2. After the installation is complete, click on ‘Menu>Internet>Dropbox’.
3. Click ‘OK’ to continue and wait for the Dropbox installation to get downloaded (if the progress bar is stuck, click cancel and repeat setp 2).
4. After the Dropbox installer download is complete, Dropbox setup will start automatically. Select ‘I already have a Dropbox account’ and click ‘Next’.
5. Enter you Dropbox credentials and click ‘Next’.
6. Select you account type and click ‘Next’.
7. Choose setup type as ‘Typical’ and click ‘Install’.
8. Click ‘Skip Tour’.
9. Leave the ‘Open my Dropbox folder now’ box checked and click ‘Finish’.
10. After the setup is complete, the Dropbox folder will open in Nautilus and files in this folder will get synced with your online Dropbox account. Also a Dropbox ‘Getting Started.pdf’ file will be added to your folder. You can refer to this document for further information on how to use Dropbox.
11. The ‘Dropbox’ folder is created in your home directory. Any files saved to this folder will get synced with your online Dropbox account.