Here’s how to quickly monitor IP traffic from terminal in Linux Mint / Ubuntu:
1. Issue the following command at the terminal –
sudo apt-get install iptraf
2. After the installation is complete, issue the following command at the terminal –
3. Now, press any key to continue.
4. Select ‘IP traffic monitor’ and hit enter.
5. Now, select the network interface you want to monitor. In our case, we have selected ‘All interfaces’.
6. After the network interface has been selected, hit enter to start monitoring IP traffic of the selected interface(s).
If you want to exit the iptraf program, press ‘x’ key twice. You can conveniently use iptraf to monitor your IP traffice from Linux Terminal in Linux Mint / Ubuntu.