Here’s how to install and use Google Picasa in Linux Mint / Ubuntu:
1. Issue the following command at the terminal –
sudo apt-get install picasa
2. After the installation is complete, click on ‘Menu>Graphics>Picasa Font Settings’.
3. The first time that you run the program, you’ll be prompted for choose whether you would like to start Google Picasa by using Gnome’s camera import button. Click ‘Yes’.
4. Now, ‘Picasa Font Configure’ windows, you can add addition fonts, choose screen resolution(dpi), and select the default font and size for the Picasa menu. Click ‘OK’ when done.
5. Now click on ‘Menu>Graphics>Picasa’ to start the application.
6. Read the license agreement and click ‘Next’.
7. Now, go through ‘Additional Terms of Service’ and click ‘I Agree’.
8. Enjoy managing your photos with Google Picasa in Linux Mint / Ubuntu!