Here’s how to view the contents of a Debian package file (*.deb) in Linux Mint / Ubuntu:
1. Issue the following command at the terminal –
sudo apt-get install deb-gview
2. After the installation is complete, click on ‘Menu>Programming>Debian Package Viewer’ to start the application.
3. In the ‘Debian Package File Viewer’, click ‘Open’ and select the *.deb package file which you want to view the contents.
4. Here is a screenshot of the application showing the contents of a *.deb package file –
5. Clicking on a file name will show you it’s contents –