Here’s how to install and use Centericq, a cool multiprotocol IM for Linux terminal in Linux Mint / Ubuntu:
1. Issue the following command at the terminal –
sudo apt-get install centerim
2. Issue either of the following commands at the terminal to start the application after the installation has been completed –
3. Select ‘Done’.
4. Now, navigate to the fields you want to change and enter the login credentials of the networks you want to connect to.
5. After you enter the login credentials for the network, the program will automatically pick the other details for that network.
Select ‘Done’ when complete.
6. Select online friend you want to connect to and start chatting!
Centericq supports the following protocols – ICQ, Yahoo!, AIM, IRC, MSN, Gadu-Gadu, Jabber.