Here’s how to analyze the disk space usage in Linux Mint / Ubuntu with the help of a utility called gt5:
1. Issue the following command at the terminal –
sudo apt-get install gt5
2. After the installation is complete, issue the following command at the terminal to use the utility –
3. The output will show a list of files and folders in your home folder and the amount of disk space (in MB and %) utilized by each file and folder.
4. If you want to analyze the disk space usage for the entire disk, issue the following commands at the terminal –
Thus, you can change to any directory and analyze the disk space usage by the files and folders within that directory.
5. To quit the utility press ‘Ctrl‘ + ‘Z‘ keys.