Here’s how to install and use ‘Uget‘, a great download manager for Linux Mint / Ubuntu:
1. Issue the following command at the terminal-
sudo apt-get install uget
2. After the installation is complete, click on ‘Menu>Internet>Uget’ to start the application.
The ‘Uget’ icon also appears in the system tray.
3. To start a download, click on ‘File>New>Download…’.
4. Paste the URL of the file to be downloaded and click ‘OK’.
5. Uget will now start downloading the file.
6. You’ll be notified once the download is complete.