Twitter in many ways has replaced email, not fully but it does a better job of sending out real time updates as well as status messages.
Here are five Twitter commands that come in handy (just use them like tweeting regular status updates):
1. @username + message : This is like sending out an email to someone with their address in To field.
Example : @ihaveapc This stuff is awesome!
Here ihaveapc is the user id followed by the message in this case of joy 🙂
2. RT username : This is used to retweet the message posted by someone to your own group or those who follow you. Note that there is no @ this time before the user name.
Example : RT ihaveapc
This will retweet posts of user id named ihaveapc.
3. D username + message : This one is for sending out a direct private message to the user id intended.
Example : D ihaveapc Let us reboot some servers today for fun and profit !
This sends a direct message to user ihaveapc regarding plans for world domination [insert evil laughter here 😉 ]
4. WHOIS username : This gets the profile information for any public Twitter user.
Example : WHOIS god
This won’t really tell you who is god but will show the profile information for a user named god 🙂
5. GET username : Gets the latest tweets posted by specific user mentioned in the username.
Example : GET ihaveapc
This will show the latest updates posted by ihaveapc.
Hope you find these twitter commands a time saver plus useful in your Tweeting.